Hai I have been after a long time.
Today I am going to tell you about my family and culture. Yes as said before I am from a orthodox family where girls are not encouraged to study and not able to present their ideas before the family members. Women in my family have the rights to present their ideas but they are not respected just for the sake they hear it.
In my family Girls need to be dressed in salwar suit or saree not in jeans or other types of dresses.
Everything has a guideline. We need to obey them and walk through those lines. I was given Two hours counselling by our family friend and the most respected person in my family. You know for what I shouldn't fall in love with anyone.
I need to present another important one. I don't trust in love marriage. I was always interested toward arranged marriage. I don't know why? But what I felt is two persons gave birth to you and brought you up in a well manner without any consequences. What is the need to go against them? This is what this Parkavi is.This is my name not shwetha.
I have been born in a holy city called Srirangam where rituals are valid than a human thinking. I was also so dedicated towards those rituals and believe in those rituals. But what to do, it is my mind makes me to think in both ways.
I have a joint family with my Grandma who is cooking for our whole family till now and believes in all rituals done in a brahmin family. I am not a brahmin. I like their culture and the way they give freedom to women.
I am the first girl to come out of my city to pursue a degree outside our place. Everyone in the family thought it is a need to go and study there but my mom and dad was with me and they supported as said before.
With My Grandma, I also have my own brother together with my close relatives like mama, mami, chitti, cousin, everyone. There is no limitation in my family for relations. I have everything a perfect family though all are not in same home but nearer to each other and everyone.
But all the plights that I mentioned for girls in my family has changed only in education. I need to dress in the way how my dad,brother,mama,mami,sister,grandma but I got the freedom to explore the world with their limitations. This education is also meant to study what they like i.e I am going to be a teacher because My family wanted it as it is safe for girls.
Thank God but they wanted me to pursue it outside so that I could learn something.
I have been here for the past five months staying in hostel doing all my things on my own like coming in train alone not with anyone for safety. Going to buy something in shops on own which is not allowed before. And especially trying to take little decision on my own.
Yes my exploration continues and experiences also continues....
Thank you for reading. We will meet later. Bye. Have a nice day.
Today I am going to tell you about my family and culture. Yes as said before I am from a orthodox family where girls are not encouraged to study and not able to present their ideas before the family members. Women in my family have the rights to present their ideas but they are not respected just for the sake they hear it.
In my family Girls need to be dressed in salwar suit or saree not in jeans or other types of dresses.
Everything has a guideline. We need to obey them and walk through those lines. I was given Two hours counselling by our family friend and the most respected person in my family. You know for what I shouldn't fall in love with anyone.
I need to present another important one. I don't trust in love marriage. I was always interested toward arranged marriage. I don't know why? But what I felt is two persons gave birth to you and brought you up in a well manner without any consequences. What is the need to go against them? This is what this Parkavi is.This is my name not shwetha.
I have been born in a holy city called Srirangam where rituals are valid than a human thinking. I was also so dedicated towards those rituals and believe in those rituals. But what to do, it is my mind makes me to think in both ways.
I have a joint family with my Grandma who is cooking for our whole family till now and believes in all rituals done in a brahmin family. I am not a brahmin. I like their culture and the way they give freedom to women.
I am the first girl to come out of my city to pursue a degree outside our place. Everyone in the family thought it is a need to go and study there but my mom and dad was with me and they supported as said before.
With My Grandma, I also have my own brother together with my close relatives like mama, mami, chitti, cousin, everyone. There is no limitation in my family for relations. I have everything a perfect family though all are not in same home but nearer to each other and everyone.
But all the plights that I mentioned for girls in my family has changed only in education. I need to dress in the way how my dad,brother,mama,mami,sister,grandma but I got the freedom to explore the world with their limitations. This education is also meant to study what they like i.e I am going to be a teacher because My family wanted it as it is safe for girls.
Thank God but they wanted me to pursue it outside so that I could learn something.
I have been here for the past five months staying in hostel doing all my things on my own like coming in train alone not with anyone for safety. Going to buy something in shops on own which is not allowed before. And especially trying to take little decision on my own.
Yes my exploration continues and experiences also continues....
Thank you for reading. We will meet later. Bye. Have a nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment